Our History
The first Italian Fiesta Pizzeria was started in the late 1940’s by Phillip and Connie DeCarlo. Originally located at 67th and Dorchester in Chicago, it was moved to 71st and Euclid in the 1950’s. Their son, Frank DeCarlo, worked in the restaurant from a young age, meeting Joan, a waitress at the pizzeria who eventually became his wife. The DeCarlo’s had three daughters, Patti, Connie and Kathy, all involved in the family business.

After his dad passed away, Frank DeCarlo worked with his mother in the original pizzeria and had the idea to open additional restaurants, two more in Chicago and another in Dolton. After Frank DeCarlo passed away in 1993, the business continued through the efforts of his wife Joan and daughter Patti.

Today, the business is still family owned and operated. The DeCarlo daughters are involved with the fourth generation of the DeCarlo family, their sons Steven Harris and Chris King. The fifth pizzeria opened in New Lenox in 2007.

Italian Fiesta Pizzeria offers pizza with a traditional thin crust and has a huge array of ingredients that can be added to customize each pizza. Their motto, “the best in pizza pie” is highlighted in the menu which states, “We use only the finest ingredients available, from the creamy butter in the dough to the spicy oregano garnish.”

Along with pizza, Italian Fiesta offers hot sandwiches, including Italian beef and sausage; pasta such as homemade baked lasagna, spaghetti and mostacolli; chicken and shrimp dinners; and an assortment of side orders including pizza bread, mozzarella sticks, breaded mushrooms, salad, fries and spicy chicken wings.